DEA’s Marine Services division is an award-winning leader in the field of hydrographic and geophysical surveying. DEA Marine Services is staffed by a highly experienced group of professional hydrographers, surveyors, engineers, and scientists with wide-ranging expertise in hydrography, oceanography, marine geology and geophysics, geodesy, and geospatial science. We are recognized as trusted advisors to our clients and take pride in our ability to develop innovative field programs and geospatial products to address the specific objectives of each project.
DEA Marine Services is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Hydrographic Project Manager. This position will be based in the Houston/Galveston, TX area and will work with other remote and/or offshore project locations to support hydrographic and/or geophysical fieldwork. Fieldwork opportunities will include large-scale, offshore surveys aboard our custom 82’ survey vessel Blake or other large vessels in addition to smaller scale coastal, estuarine or riverine surveys with trailerable launches, watercraft, and/or remotely operated vehicles. The scope would cover a wide range of hydrographic and marine geophysical services with a primary focus on multibeam bathymetric surveys. Additional duties would include guidance, leadership, coaching, and mentoring to the Marine Services staff.
- Actively participate in business development, client interaction, and managing project execution, scope and budget;
- Coordinating, managing and conducting field operations;
- Overseeing and assisting with data processing efforts;
- Managing risk to crew and equipment;
- Keeping abreast with changing technology;
- Strong project management skills
- Sound business acumen
- Ability to use some or all of the following: Reson multibeam systems, Applanix POS/MV positioning and motion reference system, EdgeTech side scan sonars and similar sonar instrumentation
- Familiar with NOAA and USACE specifications for hydrographic surveys
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing, estimating, conducting and processing hydrographic surveys
- Minimum of five years of experience in successfully managing people and helping them achieve their maximum potential
- Must be self motivated, detail oriented and safety conscious
- Strong working knowledge of Windows-based programs, as well as hydrographic data acquisition software including Hypack, SonarWiz, Applanix POSPac, and CARIS HIPS
- Degree in Geomatics, or related science field
- Strong working knowledge of geodesy
- NSPS/THSOA Hydrographer Certification or IHO Category A Hydrographer
- Licensed Professional Land Surveyor in Texas
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
DEA is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Apply online at: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=DEAINC&cws=37&rid=4255